CONDITIONS OF SALE/SERVICE AND REPAIR
1. Claims for shortage or discrepancy will not be accepted unless made within 48 hours of receipt of package.
2. Claims for loss or damage in transit will not be accepted unless notified to us or our carriers within 48 hours of receipt of package and confirmed in writing within 7 days thereafter, and unless damaged goods and packaging are retained for examination.
3. Returns for credit will not be accepted unless our previous consent has been obtained and either
A) A claim under manufacturers warranty is involved.
B) Parts proved incorrect and not as ordered.
C) We expressly agree to accept the returns for credit subject to a handling charge.
4. Used units for credit must be returned within 14 days, quoting the invoice number.
5. PAYMENT: (A) unless other terms of payment have been mutually agreed in advance, all parts must be paid for on collection or delivery in cash or by
cheque, guaranteed by a valid bank card or by Barclaycard, Switch, Visa, etc or where evidence of acceptance is displayed. Where a Credit account has been opened, future supply of parts will be dependent upon settlement of the account strictly in accordance with the credit terms granted. (B) The risk in the goods shall pass to the purchaser on delivery. Ownership of the goods shall not pass to the purchaser until the purchase price has been paid to the seller and any cheque or other negotiable security has been honoured.
6. Quoted prices for ordered parts are liable to change without notification if altered by the manufacturer or supplier.
7. We agree to give you the benefit of the manufacturer’s warranty in respect of the parts, so far as we can. A claim may be rejected due to Misuse, Incorrect
Fitting, Neglect, or Abuse.
8. On the appointment of an administrative receiver your rights to deal with our goods automatically terminates.
B: SERVICE AND REPAIR - CONDITIONS UPON WHICH VEHICLES ARE ACCEPTED BY THE COMPANY:
1. In accepting the customer’s vehicle for repair and/or service we have agreed to carry out the work described and to incorporate all necessary parts and materials incidental thereto on the terms set out below and by delivering the vehicle to us, the customer has agreed to pay our charges.
2. While carrying out the work requested by the customer, we may discover that in the interests of safety and satisfactory completion of the work requested, additional repair work appears necessary. In such cases, we will promptly contact the customer to obtain approval for carrying out the additional work and thus save the customer possible extra costs by reason of possible subsequent further dismantling and re-assembly at a later date. All work done and parts/materials supplied will be charged on completion.
3. PAYMENT: Unless credit facilities have been arranged previously (and the terms of credit are being observed) release of the customer’s vehicle after
completion of repairs and/or service will be subject to our charges having been paid in full by cash or by cheque guaranteed by a valid bank card. Where
evidence of such acceptance is displayed, payment may also be made by credit or charge card.
4. We agree to give the customer the benefit of the manufacturer’s warranty as far as we can. We will progress claims on behalf of the customer with the manufacturer concerned, but in the event of claims being rejected in whole or part, the customer undertakes to pay to us that part of the claim the manufacturer fails to meet. Where claims are submitted to the manufacturer for work to be treated as being of a warranty nature, although strictly outside the warranty period, payment in full for the work carried out will be required on or before collecting the vehicle on the understanding that should the manufacturer subsequently accept the claim in full or part, we will as appropriate, either re-imburse or credit the customer’s account with the amount credited to ourselves by the manufacturer for any purpose whatever.
5. We will endeavour to meet reasonable requirement concerning the date and time of completion of the work. However we do not accept responsibility for any delay in completion caused by circumstances beyond our immediate control.
6. Any vehicle which is not collected by the customer in respect of which payment for repairs carried out has not been made within three calendar months of the customer having been advised of the completion of the work in accordance with the preceding clause, may be sold by us and the cost of the repairs and storage charges at a rate of £25.00 per day inc VAT may be deducted by us from the net proceeds of the sale of the vehicle. However before proceeding to sell the vehicle, we shall first give to the customer seven days written notice of our intention to do so which notice shall be sent by prepaid first class post to the address of the customer last known to us and shall be deemed to have been received by the customer on the day following the date of posting or if that shall be Sunday or public holiday then the first working day thereafter. Any sale of the vehicle under this clause shall be by public auction and we shall after discharging the costs of the sale, the repairs and the storage charges, at our absolute discretion either retain the balance for the benefit of the customer or forward the same to the customer at the customer’s last known address.
7. We reserve the right to charge for storage of vehicles at a rate of £25.00 per day inc VAT for vehicles which remain uncollected for more than fourteen days after notification has been given that the vehicle is ready for collection.
8. We will not be responsible for loss or damage of or to customer’s vehicles or anything in or on them unless it is proved that such loss or damage resulted from the negligence of ourselves, our servants or agents.
1. All deposits placed with ourselves with regard to new and used vehicles are accepted on the basis that they are non-refundable.
2. The terms and conditions stated on our vehicle order form are also in addition to our standard terms and conditions.
1. Except as set out expressly in these Conditions:
1 A) We do not accept or agree to any other condition, warranties or other items, whether express or implied, and whether as to conformity with description or sample, quality or fitness for purpose or otherwise.
B) We do not accept liability for the negligence of ourselves, our servants or agents (except for death or personal injury).
2. Under no circumstances whatsoever shall we be under any liability for loss of profit, business or production or any similar loss or damage, whether direct or consequential, however caused.
3. Clauses 1, 2, 3 (A) and (B) of part A and clause 1 (A) and (B) and 2 of part C of these conditions shall not apply to a consumer sale. A consumer sale is one where a person acquires goods either for cash or on credit or on finance other than in the course of a business but does not include a person who holds himself out as acquiring them in the course of a business.
4. Upon the appointment of an administrative receiver your rights to deal with our goods automatically terminates.
5. We reserve the right to charge interest on all overdue accounts at the rate of 3% above Barclays Bank Plc base rate, from time to time to run from the due date for payment until receipt by the seller of the full amount whether or not after judgement.
DATA PROTECTION ACT
The information which you give us about yourself, the details of this Agreement and the history of business conducted between us, will be retained by ourselves in our records. This will help us to make future credit and other commercial decisions about you. It will also enable us to tell you about any products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You may elect not to receive such information.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Sale/Service and Repair will affect your Statutory rights as a consumer.